September! Get a head start on your fun-planning with this handy-dandy September 2016 calendar (and you can download the pdf here). Enjoy! XO, Inspire(d)
LOOKING FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT EVENTS ON THE CALENDARS?
Check out these great fall activities! In chronological order, each event’s number coincides with its number on the calendar!
1. September 3: Seed Savers Tomato Tasting, 1-4pm. Taste dozens of varieties of heirloom tomatoes & vote for your favorite. Workshops & Salsa contest. www.seedsavers.org
2. September 3: A Peculiar Costume Party-Dragonfly Books! Celebrate Loop Day. Dress as your favorite peculiar; partake of peculiar games; a peculiar photo booth. 6:30pm. www.dragonflybooks.com/events
3. September 10: Root River Trail Towns Taste of the Trail! Experience a taste of Lanesboro, Peterson & Whalen while you pedal your way through the beauty of Bluff Country! 10am-3pm www.rootrivertrail.org
4. September 13: Award-winning author Cheri Register reads from The Big Marsh: The Story of a Lost Landscape. An environmental history of southeast Minnesota. 7:30pm. www.dragonflybooks.com/events
5. September 17: Root River Trail Towns Taste of the Trail! Experience a taste of Harmony, Preston & Fountain while you pedal your way through the beauty of Bluff Country! 10am-3pm www.rootrivertrail.org
6. September 17: Chosen Bean Concert Series presents Drew Nelson, 7:30pm, Chatfield Center for the Arts $20. Storytelling songwriter Americana, roots-rock and traditional folk. More info www.chatfieldcfa.com
7. September 19: New York Times bestselling author William Kent Krueger returns for a 5:30pm ticketed evening of dining/ conversation; followed by a 7:30pm free author talk. www.dragonflybooks.com/events
8. September 22: Dragonfly Books hosts Kali VanBaale with her new book The Good Divide. Kali will share her stories and talk about writing, 7:00pm www.dragonflybooks.com/events
9. September 22: It’s an ArtHaus Poetry Slam sponsored by Dragonfly Books, 8:30 pm at the Elks Lodge. $5/$3 students. Slammers needed, signup online arthausdecorah.org
10. September 23-24: Luther College Writers Festival on Luther’s Campus. Readings, craft lectures, and panels with some of our most celebrated authors. www.luther.edu/writers-festival
11. September 24: Decorah Rotary Club’s annual Loop de Loop, 5k/10k walk run and Half-Marathon on the Trout Run Trail. Challenge yourself in the beatiful hills of Decorah. www.decorahrotary.org
12. September 24: Root River Trail Towns Taste of the Trail! Experience a taste of Rushford, Rushford Village & Houston while you pedal your way through the beauty of Bluff Country! 10am-3pm www.rootrivertrail.org
13. September 24: Water Street Music Series and Oneota Co-op: Oktoberfest. Local brews and regional bands on the 300 block of Water St. – Decorah. 5-10 p.m. Ticket info – www.wsmsdecorah.org
14. September 30. Oneota Valley Community Orchestra fundraiser “A Symphony Sampler” – an elegant evening of live music, delicious food and drink. Visit www.ovcorchestra.org for ticket information and details.